The Long Island Fatherhood Initiative (LIFI) Peer Mentoring Program works to further assist fathers that are engaged in any of our offered courses: On My Shoulders, Within My/Our Reach for the duration and beyond their involvement with LIFI. Our goal is to continue working with fathers that wish to advance the skills and tools learned from the courses we provide in order to:
– Practice and hone the techniques that they have learned in class.
– Give fathers a safe and judgement free space to discuss topics related to fatherhood.
– Create a community and support network of engaged fathers and build lasting relationships.
– Meet and connect with other fathers to share experiences and discuss topics related to:
– Improving relationships and deepening meaningful connections with their partners and children.
– Overcoming obstacles and finding solutions that may challenge men from becoming the best fathers that they can be.
– How to engage in healthy and effective communication in the home and beyond.
– Stress management and conflict resolution.
– Exploring and setting attainable tangible goals and how to reach them.
Our aim is to provide an open, caring and trusting environment while establishing relationships that will foster opportunities for breakthroughs in self-respect, leadership, creativity, and relationships, while working to achieve tangible personal and educational goals for participating fathers working toward a common goal of becoming the best fathers that they can be.